City of McLouth110 N Union St.
McLouth, Kansas 66054
(913) 796-6131 fax
Water – Sewer – Gas – Trash
Setting up your Utilities:
- Fill out and sign a deposit form
- Bring it to City Hall with your driver’s license, social security card or other form of ID
- $300 Deposit, check, cash or card – see clerk for details
- Must be home to have gas turned on
- Water $23 for a 1000 gallons – water protection fee applies when applicable
- $11 per each 1000 gallons used after 1st 1000
- Sewer $30 for 1st 1000 gallons - $4 per every 1000 after
- Gas $15.00 + tax, prices fluctuate and will be calculated using the EIA, Nymex
- Waste Disposal - $13.70 per utility customer, cart provided, Thursday pickup
A deposit form and payment of $300 must be received before services can be turned on. Home owners will receive the deposit with interest, after 2 years of on time payments. It will be applied to the bill. Renters will receive the deposit back, minus any payment due, upon moving.
A request for services to be turned ON requires:
*An adult over the age of 18 be present
*By appointment only
Please see payment policy for payment details.
Click HERE to look up your bill amount and make a payment.
Registration is required
What to do if you smell a gas leak:
*Gas smells like rotten eggs*
- Get out of the building
- Do not turn on or off anything electrical
- Call 911 from a cell phone or neighbors phone
- Do not enter the building until it has been cleared
Things to post and remember: Keep a list of phone numbers posted and
1. In case of Emergency call 911 (you can hear blowing or hissing, fire, or very strong odor of natural gas. Please go to neighbors or outside of the effected structure or area to make this call. Do Not turn any lights or switches on or off)
All other calls:
2. During work hours City Hall 913-796-6411
3. After work hours Gary Tullis 785-331-7212
4. Wil Rodriguez 913-775-3430
5. 811 or 1-800-DIG-SAFE (1-800-344-7233) prior to any digging or excavation.
Numbers you will need:
Giant Communication: 800.346.9084 (cable/internet)
KS One Call: 800.344.7233 (call before you dig)
Westar Energy: 800.383.1183
(for establishing service)
Westar Energy: 800.544.4857
(to report power outages)